North Carolina Business Group on Health is a trade association of employers using their collective voice to influence decisions that impact the quality and cost of healthcare delivery systems in North Carolina. We will accomplish our mission and foster North Carolina’s economic development in the following ways:
- Advocate – Create a business community with a shared vision and message on matters of healthcare policy, regulation, and legislation based on sound fiscal principles and quality standards.
- Innovate – Seek creative, common sense solutions to improve the overall cost and quality of our healthcare delivery system.
- Educate – Promote health and wellness education. Advocate for provider performance disclosure of both quality and outcomes to help employees become better consumers of healthcare services.
For membership consideration, please fill out the online NCBGH Membership Application by clicking here.
Executive Committee Members
- Jon Rankin, President
- Paula Stop, Vice President
- Patricia Moody, Treasurer
- Steven Long, Legal Counsel
- Chris Coté, Executive Advisor
The first official meeting of the North Carolina Business Group on Health was held on October 6, 2011.
The North Carolina Business Group on Health has held 4 organizing meetings between two important business centers of the State; Charlotte and Raleigh. We invited over 50 business leaders at 4 different organizing meetings between January 2011 and July 2011. On May 31, 2011, the North Carolina Business Group on Health was officially formed as a North Carolina 501(C)(6) non-profit organization. Since then, we have continued to develop the organization into the premiere voice on employer healthcare issues for the North Carolina Business Community.
As a member of the North Carolina business community, you are invited to attend the our General Membership meetings; Fall and Spring. Members can review the agendas and speakers of our past events in the members section.
The North Carolina Business Group on Health (NCBGH) was modeled after other successful business groups on health around the country, most notably after our founding member’s experience with the Rhode Island Business Group on Health, and the Connecticut Business Group on Health.