Welcome to the North Carolina Business Group on Health!
At NCBGH, HR and benefit professionals from employers across North Carolina
from the Appalachian Mountains,
to the cities of the Piedmont,
to the beaches of the Coastal Plain
join together to
Advocate, Innovate and Educate
for a better healthcare delivery system!
Thanks to all who attended our fantastic 2019 Fall Meeting on 10/4/19!
Great Information was shared by our esteemed lineup of speakers. A HUGE thanks to them:
- NC State Treasurer, Dale Folwell spoke about his “Clear Pricing Project” as well as other great information that was well received by our employers!
- Mike Thompson, President & CEO of the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions shared the current initiatives the Alliance and NCBGH are pursuing along with fantastic info on healthcare reform.
- Dr. Dale Owens, CEO of Tryon Medical Partners, presented great views on the doctor-patient relationship and how it’s central to fixing healthcare.
- Brian Parker, AVP at BusinesSolver, shared excellent information and insights about the growing use of artificial intelligence and machine learning in benefits communication.
The presentation slides are available now to all NCBGH members in the members section of NCBGH.org
Employer Benefits Best Practice Lunches
Thanks to all who attended our Summer Best Practices Lunch/Round-tables in July. The networking and round-table conversations where a huge hit at all three locations (Greensboro, Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham).
For those who attended as well as those who weren’t able to make it, let’s continue the conversations in our new Forum available in the Member Resources section!
Thank you to all who attended the Spring Membership Meeting on May 10, 2019!
The Spring Membership meeting sessions included:
Legislative & Compliance Update – J.D. Piro, Senior Vice President, Aon Health Solutions, Legal Consulting Group—National Practice Leader
Health Plan CEO Panel Discussion
- Garland Scott, Chief Executive Officer of The Carolinas and Georgia, UnitedHealth Group
- Patrick Conway, MD; President and CEO, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Charles C. Pitts; Market President, Carolinas, Cigna
- Jim Bostian; President, MidSouth Market, Aetna
Insights from Optum’s 10th Annual Wellness in the Workplace Study – Seth Serxner, Chief Health Officer at OptumHealth
Integrating Benefit Programs to Drive Engagement (Lunch Presentation) – Abbie Leibowitz, MD, F.A.A.P., Founder, President Emeritus and Chief Medical Officer at Health Advocate, Inc.
Eat Smart Move More Prevent Diabetes Team – Kelly Nordby, MPH, RDN, LDN, Diabetes Prevention Program Coordinator for the Eat Smart Move More Prevent Diabetes Team